Mark Meyer, MD
1. $1000 Cash Award for Best Resident Paper
The recipient will present their paper at the SLS Annual Meeting & Endo Expo plus receive a cash prize of $1000!
To participate: Residents must submit a scientific paper abstract for presentation at SLS's Annual Meeting & Endo Expo. Online submission is open from October through February. Submit online at www.SLS.org.
2. Scholarships to SLS's Annual Meeting & Endo Expo and Regional Summits
Recipients will receive a scholarship of $300 towards the full registration fee of $595 to SLS's Annual Meeting & Endo Expo and Regional Summits.
- EuroAmerican MultiSpecialty Summit VI
February 13-16, 2013
Disney's Contemporary Resort • Orlando, Florida, USA
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 26, 2012
Scholarships to Regional Summits
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Week
SLS Annual Meeting & Endo Expo 2013
August 28-31, 2013
Hyatt Regency Reston • Reston, Virginia, USA
Scholarship Application Deadline: May 3, 2013
Scholarships to Annual Meeting
Residents must submit the following information together in ONE Packet:
- A completed scholarship application form
(via our online scholarship application form or by downloading a PDF scholarship application form)
- A statement from the Program Director or Chairman (50 words or less) stating that you are enrolled in their program and why he/she is selecting you to attend this conference
- A statement from the Resident or Fellow-in-Training seeking the scholarship (50 words or less) stating his/her training status, specialty, and interest in minimally invasive surgery
Residents can apply online OR download a PDF scholarship application form and mail/fax completed packets to Lauren Frede, SLS, 7330 SW 62 Place, Suite 410, Miami, FL 33143, USA; Fax: 305.667.4123
3. Discounted Membership / Free Master's Class
SLS offers a discounted annual membership fee of $75 for Residents, Fellows, and Affiliated Medical Personnel. SLS RESIDENT MEMBERS are automatically qualified for Annual Meeting & Regional Summit scholarships and receive aFREE Master's Class with their conference registration for the Annual Meeting.
4. Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Award
Nominated by their program chairperson for demonstrating great promise in laparoscopic, endoscopic, and minimally invasive surgery, SLS Outstanding Residents receive:
- A Certificate recognizing their achievement
- Acknowledgement of their achievement in JSLS, Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Membership in the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS) for the year of nomination
- Subscription to JSLS, Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Discounts and scholarships towards SLS Annual Meetings and Summits
Admission to a Pre-conference Master's Class
Click here to nominate your Outstanding Resident.
Click here to visit the Programs for Residents, Fellows, and Affiliated Medical Personnel page on the SLS website.